Snow day food alert! This Classic Beef Macaroni Soup was the perfect pot of delicious last week when we had a snow storm in the middle of March. I was not ready for snow in March, but a big pot of soup can fix any problem, right?
This is such a standard, simple recipe. Sometimes I wonder, do people even want to see recipes THIS EASY. I always find myself saying, yes! Of course they do! Not every recipe has to be elaborate, or out of the box. Simple, classic comfort food is a thing because it is one of the best ways to eat. I’ve been making this soup for my kids for a number of years now, and I thought it was time to share it!
Not only does this Classic Beef Macaroni soup taste delicious, it is so quick to make. From start to finish I want to call it a 30 minute meal, but with the boiling time it may be a few more minutes. With the short cook time, I can make this any day of the week, then have the perfect leftovers for the rest of the week.
Classic Beef Macaroni Soup Recipe Tips
- The most important thing to remember with this recipe is to stir the pot while your noodles are boiling. The macaroni noodles have a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pot, so I would not suggest just pouring in the macaroni and walking away.
- After my soup was boiling I realized I had some excess grease pooling on the top of the pot. I just took my large metal spoon and removed it.
- I topped my soup with a little bit of extra sharp cheddar cheese. This is optional but highly recommended by someone who thinks cheese is basically life.
- This soup gets better and better in the refrigerator! After all of the flavors come together over night, you may notice you love it even more!
- The tomato product I use are just plain strained tomatoes. I’ve been using this product for years, and it is one of my most loved pantry staples! You can use it in just about anything. This is a no salt added product so you don’t have to worry about your soup being super salty in the end. The product size is 24 ounces, so you will be using the whole jar.
Classic Beef Macaroni Soup
By March 23, 2017Published:
- Yield: 6+ Servings
- Cook: 45 mins
Snow day food alert! This Classic Beef Macaroni Soup was the perfect pot of delicious last week when we had a snow storm in the …
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 large green pepper diced
- 3 cups strained tomatoes no salt added
- 8 cups beef stock
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tsp kosher salt additional, to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper additional, to taste
- Place beef, diced onion, diced green pepper, and chopped garlic cloves in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Drain grease.
- Add tomatoes, beef stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add macaroni. Continue to boil for 6-8 minutes or until macaroni is cooked. Stir frequently so noodles do not stick to bottom of the pot! Add 2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper + more to taste. Top with cheese if desired and enjoy!