This creamy Crockpot Taco Dip is sure to be your new “Go-To” party recipe! Throw it together the day of your party and keep in warm in your crockpot. Hello delicious!
Today my hideous crockpot is unveiled. I’ve spoke of it, I’ve joked of it, and here it is in all of it’s *older then I am* glory! Doesn’t the color remind you of something your mother got as a wedding shower present? HA! 🙂
Before we get started I’d like to point out the obvious: tomorrow is New Year’s Eve! My whole family is going to a party at our Pastor’s house so that should be fun. I know, I know, it sounds like a big snooze fest but it is not like that at all, I’m telling you! 2014 has been such an amazing year for me. I watched my boys grow up a little more *tear*, started this blog, and was surrounded by amazing people all year long. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. It is amazing how every year seems to get better and better. Ok, I’m done with the sentimental stuff now, I promise! On to the dip….
Even though my crockpot is ugly it doesn’t stop this dip from being delicious, addicting, and pretty. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not claiming this dip to be healthy or fat free….but it is one notch above the Velveeta and Rotel kind of thing because Hello! no random ingredients! So that makes it a little better, right? PLUS it has fresh tomatoes on top and that’s a veggie (I mean fruit, but hey who is being politically correct right now?) so…yeah…tomatoes = healthy. I mean, it was a nice try, right?
- I only made a half batch of this dip because I was only serving it to my family. The recipe below is a full batch, that will serve roughly 12 or so people.
- I waited until the end to add my beans, however you can throw them in with the rest of the ingredients in the beginning if you’d like.
- If you want your dip to look like mine, use a plastic baggie to pipe your sour cream in lines! 🙂
- I recommend choosing a tortilla chip that doesn’t contain soybean oil, and is non-GMO verified. We love the brand Garden of Eatin’ so check them out! I’ve also found Wegman’s has a decent organic corn chip if you live around one of their stores.
- When all of your ingredients are melted together just perfectly, turn your crockpot on warm/low to keep it warm for your party.
Creamy Crockpot Taco Dip
By December 30, 2014Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
This creamy Crockpot Taco Dip is sure to be your new "Go-To" party recipe! Throw it together the day of your party and keep in warm in …
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp organic ketchup
- 3 tsp whole grain/dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- fresh tomatoes for topping
- sour cream for topping
- Brown and drain ground beef. Put all ingredients into crockpot. Cook for 90 minutes on high, or until all cheeses are melted. Serve with tortilla chips.