Grab your tortilla chips and get prepared for some fresh guacamole and perfectly grilled chicken! This Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken & Guac does not disappoint in the flavor department and takes only a few minutes to prepare. Weeknight grilling for the win!
Truth: I’m trying to fit more fruits, veggies, healthy fats, and lean protein into my diet. All winter I wasn’t taking into consideration what I was eating, and I found myself mostly snacking on carbs all day. In my Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken recipe, I discussed prepping meals ahead of time to try to balance my diet a bit more. So far it is working great, except when my husband comes home and eats all of the portions I made in advance. Meal prep fail! His job is super labor intensive, so I guess he gets a pass to go on this one. 🙂
Cilantro is super popular, but I feel it is so underrated! Every time I purchase a bunch of cilantro at the grocery store I:
- Immediately smell it 1,000 times
- Make a gorgeous salad with a cilantro lime dressing
- Make fresh guac, of course
- Start putting it on everything until it goes bad
But for real, this Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken & Guac is one of my favorite uses for it. You just can’t beat a perfectly grilled piece of chicken, seasoned to perfection, bursting with bold flavors, and perfect for leftovers! I mentioned meal prepping earlier and this chicken made awesome salads the rest of the week for me. I tossed it with some dark leafy greens, a few tortilla chips as croutons, fresh avocado, cherry tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and my favorite ranch dressing. Yum!
I have a few grilling tips I’ve repeated here about 1,000 times but here goes again! I suggest generously seasoning your meat with coarse kosher salt and black pepper beforehand. This is an important part of this recipe because bland chicken is no good! Next, I would suggest using thin cut chicken breasts, or filleting and pounding your chicken breasts flat with a meat tenderizer. This also makes a huge difference in how your chicken grills, and eliminates that super fat part that contributes to uneven grilling and a bland end product.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken & Guac
By March 26, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Grab your tortilla chips and get prepared for some fresh guacamole and perfectly grilled chicken! This Grilled Cilantro …
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp course kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes + additional 1/2 lime for guac
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomato for topping (optional)
- Season chicken breasts generously with course kosher salt and pepper. In a small chopper or food processor add 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 cup fresh cilantro, the juice of 2 limes, and 2 cloves fresh garlic. Pulse until cilantro and garlic are chopped fine.
- Pour cilantro/lime mixture over seasoned chicken breasts and coat each breast evenly. Grill to perfection.
- For Guac: Mash avocados, squeeze in 1/2 lime, season with salt, and top with fresh cilantro and tomato.